Court marriage in Dubai for Bahrain expats vs other alternatives
Due to their proximity to each other, Bahrain citizens and expats might consider holding their marriages in Dubai. It will, however, be wise of them to consider the governmental requirements for marriage in this nation.
Documentation and authentication are critical features for a successful Dubai marriage. There are approved channels through which these matters can be addressed and they will be discussed in the course of this article. The article will also examine why Georgia, Seychelles, and the Online wedding routes are unique.
CAN COUPLES OF MIXED RELIGIONS AND NATIONALITIES GET MARRIED IN A DUBAI COURT?
Often, the question of marriage for couples with mixed religions arises. Here are important facts to note:
- Muslims are only allowed to get married to their fellow Muslims according to the precepts of Sharia law.
- A Muslim man can marry a non-Muslim woman, but a Muslim woman is not allowed to marry a non-Muslim man.
- A Muslim woman can only get married to a non-Muslim man after the individual has converted to the Islamic religion and shown evidence to that effect.
When it is about nationality, foreigners who are residents in Dubai may have to submit a document from their consulate which shows that their nationals are allowed to marry foreigners. Dubai men and women can marry foreigners who have valid resident permits and share the same Islamic religion.
NECESSARY DOCUMENTS THAT ARE REQUIRED FOR A COURT MARRIAGE IN DUBAI
To get married in Dubai, some important documents are required and these include:
- The resident permit of at least one of the persons getting married
- A pre-marriage medical examination certificate
- Divorce decree or death certificate of a former couple.
In addition to the above-stated, the consent of the bride must be obtained and there should be two male witnesses who will stand-in for the bride.
GOOD ALTERNATIVES FOR BAHRAIN COUPLES WHO WANT A DUBAI COURT MARRIAGE
Court marriage in Dubai can be substituted with other marriage options. Georgia, Seychelles, and Online weddings are valid alternatives. Georgia and Seychelles do not have stiff laws that might limit people who desire to get married.
Online wedding is another great alternative for people who do not live in Dubai. The certificate obtained is just as authentic as the one that is gotten through the physical route.
If you wish to learn more about Georgia, Seychelles, or the online wedding option that is available to Bahrain expats, do well to consult our wedding team who will be happy to guide you.