Easy wedding in Bahrain vs Saudi for expats
Getting married in Saudi Arabia can be a difficult process for expats. From a long list of documents to the hefty cost of getting married, it can all take a toll on you. If you are an expat living in Saudi Arabia exploring other options, this is the article for you. Just like in Saudi Arabia, in Bahrain marriage is sacred and considered a holy union governed by Sharia Law. A NOC is required by your respective embassies by The Ministry of Justice of Bahrain. The House of Judgment at the Ministry of Justice offers the option of an easy wedding only to Muslim expats and Non-Muslim expats are left with few options.
Here are the documents required to get married for Saudi expats in Bahrain.
- Medical examination certificate from an accredited hospital
- Passports of bride and groom
- Valid ID of bride and groom (one or both applicant is required to be a resident)
- Agreed-upon dowry (from the husband) is pre-decided
- Proof of the previous divorce (if applicable)
- Approval from employer (for security field employees)
- Issuance of an official marriage certificate from the Ministry of Justice
- Specialized judges can only legalize the marriage of expat couples in Bahrain
Alternate options for easy wedding ideas for Saudi expats
Georgia and Seychelles is the perfect alternate option for expats who dream of a wedding surrounded by lush plant life and exotic beaches. These countries help you plan your big day while being easy on the pocket as it is surprisingly cheap. Gathering bulk of documents and spending time researching can be avoided by choosing these countries to plan an easy wedding. The wedding procedure is easy- without the requirement of being a resident. The only documents you need are listed below:
- Valid passports
- Two witnesses
- A written application by the bride and groom
An untroubled course also includes an easy online wedding to avoid the long and daunting process of the documentation process. Having an easy online wedding helps expats to be with their significant other easily and quick.
Verdict on easy wedding: Saudi vs Bahrain
Getting married in Saudi or Bahrain can be a complicated process for expats. Taking our advice would save you days of research for the documentation process and make your process of registering your marriage much faster.
Need more info on having an easy wedding as a Saudi or Bahrain expat? Contact our team now!